When it comes to your assessment you’ll be given a question relevant to all of the fieldwork and research you’ve undertaken. My question was; “In what ways do the City of London and Tower Hamlets boroughs differ in terms of green space and biodiversity? What are the challenges of making space for nature in these two boroughs, and what is the value of green space for people in each borough?”
Everything you need to do to ace it:
- Collate all of the research you’ve gathered over the previous week, this includes all of the pictures you’ve taken, the notes you’ve taken from guest speakers, and the data you’ve found upon producing your presentations
- Look at your question and break it down, for my question (mentioned above), I noted everything the question was asking me. I needed to explicitly outline the differences between boroughs, the challenges they faced in making space for nature and the value of green space for people within the respected boroughs.
- I went through my notes and associated them with relevant aspects of the question – this helped me structure my essay in the same flow of the question.
- Use skitch images or any other photos you’ve taken along with your text, remember this assessment is report style, using imagery with help articulate all that you’ve learnt/collated. When using images explicitly outline their relevance to the rest of your essay and research as a whole.
- Organise your time, gather a good amount of research pre-writing your essay and contact your lecturer/tutor if you face any difficulties during the process.